Samstag, 29. September 2012

Old mobile phone cable to TTL serial cable

Having not much success with uploading sketches to my DIY arduino I found this Article on the web. I unearthed an old Sony-Ericsson phone cable out of my wonder-cable-box. Its from a company called World Phone. Never heard of it but it has the Prolific PL2303HX chip on it. I cracked it open and tried to get the pinout. Sadly the board is not very well labled and the cables only had numbers on it. Except the GND and Vcc cables.



With the multimeter I messured the following data.


First I took White as TxD and Blue as RxD. Tried it on the board with the Arduino IDE, setting it to Uno, right com-port and programmer but no success. Famous avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00. Changed the settings to Duemilanove and other Programmers but again nothing.

I heard that hitting the reset button directly after the IDE states the Byte size of the compiled sketch should help, but not here.

I guess I have to wait until my retail Arduino board ships in.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen